Damper cooked on an open fire isn’t food. It’s an experience! Next time you go camping, you need to remember how to make the killer double chocolate damper feast!
– 2 cups self-raising flour
– 1 cup water
– 2 tablespoons cocoa/cacao powder (add more/less depending on how chocolatey you want it)
– 100g dark chocolate chips
1. Combine flour and cocoa/cacao in a bowl, and stir in water with a wooden spoon, adjusting quantities until you get a doughy consistency.
2. Stir in chocolate chips, saving a small handful.
3. Knead on a floured surface until a dough ball forms, then press remaining choc chips into the top of the ball.
4. Place in camp oven, on a foil covered trivet, and cook on coals for about 10 minutes (if you have enough coals to put on the camp oven lid, this will speed up the cooking process).
5. Check and rotate camp oven if needed. When cooked it should have a slightly hardtop just like regular Damper.
To serve, cut into quarters and eat as is, no butter required; just enjoy the oozey chocolatey goodness!
Written by Ode To The Road