My sister jumped on the Dairy Free Train about two years ago. For awhile it certainly shook up coffee and cake mornings at her house while she experimented with different recipes and a new way of cooking.
After her trial and errors and mastering the new non-dairy art, she began sending recipes my way. Ever so inconspicuously of course so I could provide her with dairy free wares when she visited me! She’s clever that one…
This delicious dairy free apple loaf recipe has since become one of my favourites. It’s super easy to make, requires no mixer (which always makes me happy) and is a welcome change from Banana Bread, which I seem to fall back on a lot. It’s also really easy to bake with kids if you’re so inclined..
Dairy Free Apple Loaf
- 1&1/2 cups of self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of bi-carb soda
- 1/4 brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 3 large granny smith apples, peeled and grated (I’m sure other apples will be just as good!)*
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Sift bi-carb soda, flour and cinnamon together. Stir through brown and caster sugars.
- Make a well in the centre and add all remaining ingredients. Mix thoroughly
- Pour into a loaf pan lined with baking paper
- Cook at 180 degrees celsius for 40 mins or until a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool in pan for 5 minutes before turning onto rack.