Looking for a non spicy Thai curry? Then you will like this yummy chicken massaman curry made with the left over BBQ Chicken which we had picked up the day before. Keeping a jar of the various curry pastes is a quick & fabulous way to add variety to your cooking. Here’s my simple but tasty recipe:
MASSAMAN CURRY CHICKEN (serves 2 generously)
2 chicken breast (or some left over BBQ chicken)
1 sweet potatoes
1 Tablespoon oil with a dash of sesame oil
1 ½ jar (200g) of Massaman curry paste
1 can coconut milk (or coconut cream)
½ cup chicken stock (or ¼ teaspoon stock powder with ½ cup water)
salt and pepper to taste
- Fry chicken if not using BBQ about 2 minutes each side in a dash of hot oil. Set aside.
- In the hot oil, brown the white potatoes about 5 minutes the add the sweet potatoes and continuing browning for another 5 minutes.
- Remove potatoes and set aside. Saute the onions adding more oil if necessary until they are just starting to brown. Lower the heat and add the curry past with the coconut milk and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients and cook for about 15-20 minutes. (if using your Dream pot then now is when you pop it in and let it finish cooking for about an hour – just perfect for cooking whilst you have happy hour).
- Taste and adjust your seasonings.
- Serve with steamed greens such as peas, broccolini and pak choy.